GER supports crisis affected communities to build back better than before the crisis. We clear the debris left by a disaster, provide temporary facilities and immediately start the reconstruction process with a particular focus on affected homes, schools and health facilities. GER is committed to using sustainable, culturally appropriate and community led interventions.
To assist crisis-affected persons globally to build back better following disasters through integrated relief, recovery and reconstruction services.
Types of Projects & GER Differentiating Aspects
Below are the types of projects that GER delivers and the differentiating aspects of our work.
GER Project Types
- Debris management and removal from homes, schools and health facilities.
- Temporary building and infrastructure construction.
- Livelihood support.
- Permanent building construction (homes, schools and health facilities).
- Other critical infrastructure.
GER Differentiating Aspects
- Community led interventions that place the affected communities at the center of design and implementation - GER facilitates and supports.
- Larger scalable projects that integrate relief, recovery and reconstruction programming.
- Prioritize the most vulnerable and where there are gaps in the response.
- Robust Monitoring & Evaluation of projects ensuring high levels of accountability.
- Sustainable sourcing of materials used to the greatest extent possible.